We do a lot of laundry. You figure at least one workout a day plus work clothes; we probably do a load of laundry every 2 days. And then, somehow it happens. There is a slow build, one piece on top of another, on top of another, another load added to the pile. That’s how clean laundry piles up on the guest bed. Which is generally fine. It’s out of sight, out of mind most of the time. Until of course we have guests. Which tonight we have. I dragged myself out of bed for a Friday run; couldn’t find any socks in my drawer so I went to check the bed. And found it contained a new layer of laundry. And there was another in the dryer waiting to come out. I managed to find socks (though they didn’t match) and headed out with a heavy heart knowing what awaited upon my return. And when I got to the meeting point where I usually see my running friend and he wasn’t there I decided to call it a day and went right back home.
Before you get the wrong idea I should say that Chad and I take turns folding laundry. We don’t really wash each other’s stuff unless there is need for a few more items to fill the machine. But he has been known to fold my stuff. We never put each other’s clothes away. Chad has a system that I don’t understand and to a certain extent I refuse to learn. So while he tried to catch a few more minutes of shut eye I spent a good 30 minutes folding laundry. It felt so good. There was an immediate sense of accomplishment. Now there are little piles of neatly folded clothes (men’s) where once a laundry disaster flourished.
Next on the to-do list: caulking the bathroom shower. I thought this was going to be a blog documenting a lot of ironman-level training efforts. But it may morph into a record of our monumental efforts to maintain a clean and tidy home. I suspect in the short-run we will be more successful with the former. But eventually I’m certain we will master the latter too.
Here's to two pitchers of marguaritas from La Lomita!
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment