Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Morning Run? I guess...(Exasperated)

I just can't figure out why it seems like it gets light so much earlier than it has in the past. Every morning I am woken at 5:30am to the blaring sun in our windows...I think I need a sleep shade or something...it is just too early to get up and too early to be that light outside!

Even when K and I were training for IMFL and woke up that early (and earlier) it was never that bright out until 6 at least! Oh well...if it is the impending end of the world at least I have K with me ;)

I figured I was already up so I mine as well go running with K and David, especially since Kip wanted to run this morning. This would be my first morning run in almost 3 months besides last Friday, which didn't go so well, but that is a whole 'nother story all together!

We started out at a leisurely pace and my legs felt stiff and breathing labored. By the time we came down to the mall I started to feel pretty good and the pace quickly picked up. We lost Kip at the Washington Monument and didn't know where he went. Unfortunately as we crossed the street to the Washington Kip asked "Lincoln" and I heard "Washington". I thought we were naming off presidents for a second and could only think of Hayes and nodded/grunted "uh huh". He went off to the Lincoln I guess!

As we headed back we picked up the pace again and sprinted up Capitol Hill to make it back in 46 minutes and change (I stopped my watch a couple times at lights). The run felt great and I was jibber jabbering the whole time, surely adding a new dynamic to K and D's morning runs ;)

Kirsten has a busy day at work today so was a bit focused after we got home, hopefully everything goes well otherwise there will be a massage waiting for her when she gets home!

No comments: