Thursday, June 19, 2008

Caffeine and Heavy Metals

No, no, no, don't get the impression there is a link between the two...at least I hope not as the last two days I have been running on a diet of caffeine and processed foods because of a lack of time...and more so a lack of quality sleep!

After welcoming the Xtreme4 team home Tuesday night we ended up getting home and into bed at 2 am after getting everyone home and driving the RV and vehicles home for everyone. We didn't want the crew or riders to have to do ANYTHING once they got back, so we were chauffeurs for the weary. The crew pretty much passed out once the vehicles were in motion and Erik climbed up into the top bunk in the RV to catch some shut eye on the way home while I drove...well...in the chaos of parking the RV on capitol hill and getting everyone rides home...WE FORGOT HE WAS UP THERE!!!! He sent an email the next day stating that he woke up where he didn't expect....IN THE RV! But he was in full RAAM mode and looked around from above and thought the RV had stopped to get gas and everyone had gotten out, haha....just one of the funny stories everyone has from RAAM and I am glad I got that one too since I missed out on all the rest. Oh well hopefully next year.

So after getting to bed so late we had to get up early to get ready for the A/C guy to come install our new coil and thermostat, which works frickin fantastic now! The airflow is a TON better with the new coil, but time will tell. Can't wait to use the new digital thermostat!!! But ironically it figures that once we get it fixed the weather has been extremely mild, so much so that K and I wore arm warmers this morning since it was 60 when we started our ride, but I digress...

After morning coffee with K I was making it through the day pretty well. I was scheduled to go to the Iron Maiden concert at Merriweather Post Pavilion with TJ and meet up with Megan and Dan (Dan convinced Megan to go!). I met TJ at Three Brothers, at his suggestion, which was pretty bad...it is hard to mess up pasta....but I knew what I was in for when I got in there and it was an "order first" then sit down place...it was everything I had expected and hoped for...but filled my belly for the rock concert I was about to go to ;) I let TJ wear my concert shirt from NY that I brought to wear since he came wearing a shirt one would normally go out to a club in (or a line dancing bar) and didn't want him to get into a fight knowing the clientele that would be at this show...ha ha....

The concert was awesome, and they never dissapoint. They get the crowd into it with their energy and constant showmanship and it doesn't hurt that the crowd is made up of pretty much die hard fans. It was just as good as their show I saw in NY back in March and I am glad I went.



After sitting in the parking lot for almost an hour without any of the cars moving we finally got on our way and I got home and into bed a little after midnight. After a great 4.5 hour sleep it was time to get up again for our Thursday morning rides...and this was the toughest thing to do after two late late nights. It was good to get the blood going and ready for the day, but right after it was a struggle. I was nodding off on the way to work (NOT GOOD!) and made a necessary stop at Starbucks for a DOUBLE shot Mocha to get me through...even now that isn't helping...I need sleep and bad...but first...a little swim with Paul and some dinner...and oh yeah...maybe a bit of work to help free up the ned of next week.

2 comments:

WishWasFaster said...

There is this new concept called sleeping in.....its pretty cool....you should try it sometime.

Terri & TJ said...

No linguini and clam sauce?!?!? Jesus H. Christ... and then, apparently, they didn't have linguini because my "linguini w/sauteed peppers and mushrooms" was actually spaghetti. Definitely a bummer, but a sign of a good life as that was the worst thing that happened to me that day.