Friday, June 6, 2008

Addicted

Kirsten here. I have a confession to make, sort of. I might have an addictive personality. At one time I would have said candy was my biggest vice. I would consume sugar all day long at work and then get home in the depths of sugar despair. Chad will attest to how it affected my moods. And then about 2 months I ago I said no more. Now I do not eat candy at work. And I have seen an amazing difference in my temperament (used for dramatic effect). I am now a nice person (generally) all day long, not just when I am on a sugar high.)

Other addictions may involve working out. I love running or biking in the morning. I can soar through an endorphin high all morning. In the summer I have no problem waking up with the sun. In the winter, it is more of a struggle to get out of my warm cozy bed, but I get it done and I’m always happier. The only cure for my exercise addiction is vacation. Particularly at my parents house, my childhood home. I just cannot get up early. It’s like being in a sleep coma – only the smell of coffee brewing will get me out of bed. Which is interesting because I don’t usually drink coffee. Nope, no coffee addiction for me.

Chad loves to tell stories about my short lived addiction to a game he had on his phone, “Snowed In”. Don’t tell him I said so, but even I can admit I might have taken my game playing too far. I would play late into the night, early in the morning and anytime in between that I could actually wrestle his phone away from him. It was probably one of the lowest points of my existence, though it was very short lived since about two weeks in he deleted the game from his phone. I had no choice but to quit cold turkey.

Which brings me to my new addiction – looking at local real estate on-line. Oh the resources: Re-max, Coldwell Banker, Prudential, and now Zip Realty. Chad and I (particularly me) can spend hours in the evening perusing listings, studying maps, imagining what we would do if the was ours, talking about how we will save our money, and on and on. We’ve decided to wait until fall – maybe even after Ironman – to get serious. But I have a feeling I will continue to window shop. Our friend Rob confessed that he and his wife also spent hours looking at websites and shopping for a house. Their search lasted for months, but it was finally successful. So I’m thinking this addiction might not be so bad. And once we find the perfect place, I can quit cold turkey, right?

1 comment:

Terri & TJ said...

"May" involve working out? "May"?