Friday, August 29, 2008

Sigh...

Well, it is official...Kirsten has left me for Sudan...Sudan treat her well and be good to her!  I got to talk to her right before she boarded so I had some last contact with her before the flight...and now I play the waiting game, waiting to see if she gets there safely.  Communication is limited since the only way I would hear from her is if she logged onto an internet kiosk at the Amsterdam airport to email me.  With only a two hour layover that isn't likely.  She is also staying in Nairobi overnight so depending on internet access I might not hear from her until she gets to Juba, Sudan and their field office.  

The waiting is painful to hear if things are going okay and just hear from her.  I am definitely not used to not talking to her for so long.  Even when I travel at least we have cell phones, but internationally it is a totally different ball game.  There is some comfort in knowing that she has traveled the world extensively in Australia and the Eastern Block of Europe when she was with the Peace Corps, but I still worry none the less!

So last night and this morning were painfully quiet without her there.  I was going to go swim to take my mind off of things but once I hit the couch to relax a bit...it was all over!  I slept early and woke up late to the sound of nothing...no Kirsten rummaging about since she is such a morning person (which I love about her even though I am a night person).  Without her I have had zero motivation to run, swim, or do anything thus far...I guess I have to give it more than 24 hours though...but feels like 24 days already...

More soon as I don't know what to do with myself!

No comments: