The intro above is somewhat relevant since Women's Softball (is there even a Men's softball?) is officially out of the Olympics after this year. While Softball may have been voted out of the Olympics, I surely know where it went...INTO MY STOMACH! Before you jump to conclusions...I was feeling a bit under the weather yesterday on the way home from work and was extremely tired so decided to skip the swim (need to get this swimming in order!) and go home to take a nap. It was a far cry from an excuse as I didn't feel "right" and felt a nap would be much better. Got home and slept for a couple hours and Kirsten came home and I just still didn't feel right. It was late and we didn't have any food in the house so we broke down and ordered pizza. A large...which I heard Kirsten order and I should have yelled something...a large is dangerous since I usually eat 4 pieces or more...a small...well that only equals 2-3 large slices so is much better...well...I ate 5 pieces even though I didn't feel that hungry...maybe I was bored...I don't know...and an hour later it was bedtime.
I woke at 5am to Kirsten's alarm telling us it was time to get our 2 hour 15 minute run in...OH JOY! Well...it took us awhile to get going and out the door at 6am...I need to work on that one! No more than two blocks away I felt this feeling in my stomach that was like I had a Softball in it...could it be the pizza? All the dough from the night before just sitting there? Just eating too much in general? Who knows...but it wasn't a pleasant feeling and it effected my running and breathing. So much to the point where I didn't feel comfortable at all and had to take short breaths. Felt like I needed to burp...well I couldn't...we stopped on the mall to go to the bathroom...helped a little, but still didn't feel good. I had already decided to power through it, but powering wasn't exactly what I would call it on the way home. Our pace was noticeably slower than last week...my HR was higher...and I felt like crap versus feeling great like last week.
Now I know we all have our "off" sessions, but this was just ridiculous. Kirsten and I departed ways about 1:40 into the run since it was late and she needed to go directly into work and the rest of the run home was terrible. I stopped at every light and I even walked up Capitol Hill just generally trudging through the run...it was AWFUL! The worst part was my legs didn't even feel that bad since we just didn't run that hard. It was my body that was crying out...but I guess the most important part is that I finished the run and actually did it rather than giving up. I tried to push myself but seeing as I was feeling I just didn't have the mental focus to get it done the way I wanted to, but sometimes your workouts just workout like that I guess. When it was all said and done, it was 15.5 miles in 2:15 at 8:43mm...a far cry from the 15.2 at 7:40mm in 2 hours last week...but that is what I had to work with today and what I got done.
That softball was still there after the run but has been subsiding slowly as the day goes on. I have still been drinking and eating, and slowly feeling normal again (as much as one can after 2:15 of running) but will probably sleep like a rock tonight!
Anyway, onto other things!
So today is Kirsten's birthday. She got her "early" birthday presents last night, since she is so snoopy and sees anything that is colorful and says "Happy Cake Day" on it from afar...especially around her birthday ;) She also got the go ahead to go to Sudan for work! I guess her work's birthday present involves giving her two weeks away from my putting off re-caulking the master bathroom tub...just kidding sweetie! But alas it will be hard...we have only been married 3 months...I mean how am I supposed to live without her? I will be constantly worried since communication will be spotty if non-existent. I will slowly slip into a depression and get the chills, then the sweats, then the chilled sweats...and start rocking back and forth with a blanket over my head...haha yeah right! Just kidding, got you all though ;)
But it will be difficult and I will definitely be worried. Hopefully we can communicate at least every other day. I loaded up my mega Ipod for her to have music as well as some TV shows and some movies so that she can occupy her time (although she likes to read so...) but hopefully not watching CSI every night will get her longing for TV and watching some of the stuff I put on the Ipod for her ;)
She leaves tomorrow night so we have tonight to celebrate her birthday and she very coyly suggested breakfast tomorrow morning so that we have some extended time together before she leaves. I am sure I will be blogging more since she will be gone and I will be bored out of my mind...so look for posts like 5 am - Get up to go run....say forget it and get back in bed and sleep until 8...12pm - Leave work to go swim, say forget it and drive out of the parking lot to Taco Bell and order everything on the $1 menu which total only $10...5pm - There is no food at the house so I order pizza and get another Softball in my stomach...11pm wake frantically when I realize that Kirsten isn't there only to realize she is only 13 more days away from being in my arms again....or posts something like that anyway...maybe...haha.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRSTEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment