Monday we had a 50 min run on the schedule. Actually, it was carried over from Sunday since I couldn’t run, could barely stay awake in fact. Chad was exhausted from all the driving and watching Olympics. And the fact that he didn’t nap two or three times like I did. So he slept in. This may sound like I’m tattling, but I have to say I’ve been very proud of Chad – he has gotten up to run consistently over the past couple months. Even those days we have to get up for our long run he is ready to roll.
But Monday I headed out solo. Our friend Lisa moved to North Carolina and our friend David is recovering from injury. Although I ran the usual route it felt like the longest run of the year. By the time I made it three blocks I looked at my watch. And again when I hit 8th st and at the capitol, etc etc. I didn’t really enjoy it.
So when Chad wanted to sleep in again I got all dressed and ready to go and then remembered how tough the run on Monday was. And I crawled back in bed. I’ll run home from work tonight. No big deal. But that’s the last time I can do that. No more free passes. You heard it here.
Tuesday we had a hard ride. Somehow Chad dug really deep and kept his focus for 2 20-min time trials to measure his power threshold. Or whatever the term is. I tried to do the same with my heart rate. My average over the test was 148. That is very, very lame. I think 154 is closer to the truth but I just couldn’t get there. And then on my way home from work some punk on two wheels darts onto my side of the trail and hits me head on. We both fell over. Luckily there is no serious damage to my bike. But I wanted to pummel the kid anyway. Another bike commuter and two runners quickly came to our aid and held my bike while I assessed the damage.
Despite my instant bad mood and my prediliction for skipping swim workouts, I got in a decent 2100 yd swim at Hains Point. The water was cloudy as usual, but nice and cool. Perfect outdoor swim weather. Only three more weeks and HP will be closed for another year; better get out and enjoy it as much as possible.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment