
Here is a view from my room at the Holiday Inn. There are two little fish ponds and lots of chirping birds and frogs. I think they are frogs - insects can't be this loud, right?!
Hired a cab to take me to the Sarit Centre - a mall of sorts. My goal was to look for a small bag or wallet. Chad thinks I have too many of these and, in fact threatened to discard some of them while I am away. Lucky for both of us I know his bark is worse than his bite. In any case, I brought a back pack with me that I determined is too large. I need something smaller for little jaunts to the shop when I don't want to juggle my camera, wallet and bottle of water - increasing the chances I'll lose one or all three.
Traffic for the drive - all of 1 mile - took forever. Cars weaving in and out, private transportation vans load and unload passengers at will, pedestrians cross at will, traffic circles every 500 ft (or so it seems). Luckily my driver, Steven, spoke great English. He said Saturdays can be worse than weekdays. And the Sarit Centre was probably designed with a parking lot to hold 150 cars. Way, way, way too small. Cars double parked everywhere, letting off passengers, loading items, waiting for a parking spot. Holy moly!

I tried to take this picture out the window of a shop so you could see the African statuary and the parking lot beyond. We are not allowed to complain about DC traffic anymore. Although we can say that DC drivers have bad attitudes. Here you have to be aggressive or you will not go. That makes two amazing car rides where I am not certain how an accident was avoided.
No comments:
Post a Comment