We are stormed by Olympic fever. Pretty much any moment we are not at work or training we are at home on the couch or in the near vicinity of the tv. We are in awe of just about every athlete and other than the cycling road race, which we totally missed out on, we've seen at least a little bit of every sport. Except for basketball. Somehow we have no appetite for bball. We love the skinny long-distance runners and the pumped up sprinters, the amazing lung capacity of swimmers that go an entire length of the pool without breathing. Yes, even beach volley ball has been fun to watch.
Lest you think we took the weekend easy, I'll get right into the run down. Saturday morning we joined our friend Joe for an easy jaunt out to Poolesville. There were 2x30' sets at 85% plus some 10' sets. Chad rode hard and Joe and I chased so I think it's safe to say we all accomplished the goal. It was 68 degrees out when we started at 7:45 am. Almost chilly. After our first stop an hour in we were all sweaty and starting up again we all had a chill. By the time we finished the temps were in the 80's. Absolutely gorgeous biking weather. We skipped the swim in favor of a nap and the aforementioned time in front of the television.
Sunday we started at 7:00 and met Kip and Kevin for a 2-hr "recovery" ride. I should have known with Kip and Chad it would be a complete hammerfest. All in all it was a fast ride, despite my attempts to slow it down a little on the way back before we hit the Mass Ave hill. Chad and I did a 30 min run, ending at Safeway to get ingredients for breakfast. Blueberry pancakes, coffee, and vegetarian breakfast sausage - YUM!
Despite my best attempt to get out of it, we did do a 2000 m swim at the outdoor pool. There were four lane lines, instead of the ususal three. The water was not cloudy and was nice and cool. We were tempted to just keep swimming but we've got a long swim workout tonight. Anyway, more grocery shopping, more cooking and more eating in front of the TV ensued.
Overall a great weekend. And I'll leave Chad to tell you about Henry Poole is Here. A good movie with a bit of a cheesy ending that gets at the heart of spirtuality and faith without getting all weird and conservative. I cried, but that's because I really connected with one of the characters in that movie drama way. Go see it.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment