Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Time to rest

Chad is out of town for work. I’m focusing on recovery. 1000 m swim on Monday night. Tired. I barely made it through the usual run loop in the morning (6.1 mi) in 49 minutes on Tuesday. Tired. I got about 30 minutes into an easy bike ride this morning and decided I was tired. But I forced myself to do at least an hour. I kept telling myself something about working out the lactic acid so that next week will be easier. I didn’t have the heart to go into my core strength routine this morning either. But no excuses – I’m tired!

I see no reason to jump right into a century this weekend as Chad suggests. T200 was tough and I’m exhausted. I’ll take it day to day this week and focus on getting back into routine next week. It’s about time we sat down and looked at our IM training plan anyway. July 23 will be four months out. That’s a good point to start picking up the run and swim training and doing bricks. Ugh. I’m tired just thinking about it.

Enjoy the R&R
-K

1 comment:

Terri & TJ said...

I feel your pain.

I lifted weights last night and planned on swimming. But, the girls wanted dinner so I went home and grilled chicken. Had a run setup this morning but was still toasted when I got up at 5 am. Had a hard time going to sleep so I only got about 4 hours. No way could I run. Will try after work today.

Plan on HP in the morning but nothing crazy. Maybe an hour of Zone 2 heart rate riding.

You should be tired after that blistering pace you put on in the Total 200. I am in awe. Seriously.