Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Anyone else need a nap?

One thing about IM training – you are always tired. Your legs never feel fully rested. And we aren’t even into full-on training yet. I’ve had to take quite a few days off in the last couple of weeks to recover both physically and mentally. Recover from what? I don’t know exactly, but I’m pretty sure total200 took a lot out of me. As did the fact that we’ve been bike training pretty steadily now since last December. Total200 was really my peak after all that build. Now we have to get back on the build band wagon to hopefully peak in November.

We are in terrific bike shape right now so I am questioning our plans to do a 3 or 4 centuries before October. We are doing Mountain Mama this weekend – a wicked 102 mile ride that will take us over several mountains in Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland and over 13,000 ft of climbing! Yeah – bad ass. But I want to be as fresh as possible in November, not burned out before October 1 even hits.

But alas, these bike adventures are part of what make training so fun. So for now I will brush aside my worries and we’ll make the long haul to Monterey, VA.

No comments: