We had big plans to ride 4 hours this morning. But at 6:15 am when we woke up it was 44 degrees out. That's cold enough for me that I'd rather stay inside. Unfortunately, with the Marine Corps Marathon today we really couldn't postpone our departure and still ride outside. So we elected to sleep another hour and do a trainer ride. Do you see a pattern here? Too bad the rain kept us inside yesterday. At least we did do a 20 min brick after the 2 hr trainer ride. I then walked a couple miles with my brother and Sarah to check out the various monuments, memorials and the White House.
We have next weekend for another chance at a hard, long ride outside. And that's about it. We'll be in San Diego the weekend after and there is NO WAY I am bringing my bike for a 3 day trip. It's not worth the hassle. And it's the start of our taper. The weekend after is the last weekend before the race so we'll have to see how it goes, but if we really want to stick to our taper plan the ride shouldn't be more than 60 miles. Chad already said no when I suggested we could do an easy century. I'll admit today I got a little nervous. Especially since the trainer ride and brick felt so terrible. But even though we did not do a lot of bricks, we did a lot of tough workouts this year. We'll need to channel some confidence in the weeks ahead.
Stay tuned... I'm alone this week while Chad is at a work conference in West Virginia. I'm determined to swim 3x and to get my long run in on Wednesday morning. Since I'm alone I get to go to bed at 9 pm!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment