Thursday, Friday, Saturday and even tomorrow the forecast and the reality is rain, rain. Some nice light showers, a rainbow and a walk in the rain. Friday I did a tempo run with Kip - 45 min and my HR was higher than usual. And in the evening I actually broke down and went to the pool by myself. 2500 yds. Repeat pat on back from earlier in the week.
This morning Chad, Kip and I planned to run the two bridge loop. I was hoping that if I could do 1 hr 15 today I could make it 90 min on Wednesday. Thankfully Chad gave me good reason to break apart from them after about 25 min so I could keep it at my own pace without worrying I was or wasn't keeping up. My heart rate was 158-162 the entire time. I was trying to keep it at least 8 min miles. I haven't uploaded the data to see if I stayed on track. And after a major cooking spree Chad and I went to the pool and did another 2500 yds. By my addition that is 2 hrs of running and 5000 yds of swimming in two days. My arms were killing me after about 1000 yds. Especially the speed sessions - I thought I couldn't handle it. And I actually channeled one of my favorite triathlon bloggers, repeating a mantra of "my arms will not actually fall off".
Dinner at one of our favorite restaurants with one of our favorite people and now we're in for the evening. Tomorrow's biking plans are in the air because of the forecast. Keep your fingers crossed for unforeseen dry roads and sunshine.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment