Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Four Months

It's been four months of wedded bliss for Chad and I!

We watched the documentary "God Grew Tired of Us" last night, which chronicles the journeys of 3 Lost Boys of Sudan, including John Bul Dau, author of the book with the same title. The documentary is inspiring. These guys come from literally nothing to having to work to support themselves and pay off the airfare for their trip to the US. (They were allowed visas through a special program to help resettle some Lost Boys.) Both Chad and I were shocked when we learned they had to payback the airfare. They work in McD's, restaurants, factories, check clearing centers - basically anywhere they can earn a decent wage. And I'm not giving anything away to say that they epitomize the American Dream. It ain't easy, but if you work for it, you can achieve it. I think we both recommend it.

No comments: