Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Kuajok

I took a gazillion photos on the way here from the plane and the car - one of the bumpiest 90 min rides of my life (car not plane). But we are now here in Kuajok. And finally, finally I am in rural Africa. And Kuajok isn't even all that rural - it's actually the Warap State capital. But we do have a generator and are connected to a satellite link to internet. Camp is tented. I have a cot and a flimsy mattress just like girl scouts. The only difference being I was present when we negotiated the purchase of all our supplies. And we are in the middle of a corn field. Literally.

The bugs are about to drive me crazy so this is short. Promise to upload pictures as soon as possible. Chad has sent several wonderful messages about the tasty cooking he is doing while I am out of town. We did have mutton and pickled beets for lunch. And it was at this cush place in Wau, right on the river - can't remember which one, but it is a Nile tributary. Don't worry I have pictures. More to come soon.

No comments: