It’s been a week. A recovery week. I felt pretty good on Monday so I decided to run home from work – almost 7 miles. Silly Kirsten. I made it about 40 min before I had to walk. And then I ran/walked for another mile or so before just walking the rest of the way. My quads were burning. To be expected. Fast forward to Tuesday morning. Ouch – I can barely get out of bed; thump, thump down the stairs. My quads don’t work. “Easy” bike. Chad says recovery rides mean that he just rides how he feels and if he feels good he pushes the pace. I reluctantly drafted; not wanting to ride alone and not wanting to further encourage my legs to fall off. I think I might have been grumpy. :)
Wednesday morning; still cannot walk downstairs without thumping. Decide to take day off. I got off a couple metro stops early on the way home and walked. Thursday – bike felt better. Still haven’t convinced myself that swimming won’t hurt. But Friday morning I went for broke. Did a run around the Capitol, about 3.5 miles and then Chad and I went to the pool. With 1200 under my belt I thought enough was enough. Repeat egg and cheese everything bagel. Yum!
Work was very hectic. I had to catch up on everything I didn’t do while I was traveling and also needed to finish my trip report so I could get my expense report signed off on. But I managed to sleep almost 7 hours each night so I was recovering from the travel at least. Saturday and Sunday I took 3 and 2 hour naps on the couch. And now I can really say I feel back to normal. Our friend TJ has been recovering from eye surgery and slowing building back to IM distance training. We did a 40 mile ride Saturday followed by a 3.5 mile run and then I did 2200 yds in the pool after the nap! So proud of myself. [Insert pat on back.] We followed that with a 60 mile ride with Joe C on Sunday. It was coincidence that we ran into Joe less than a mile from our house, but he pushed the pace and kept TJ and I from “taking it easy” as we had originally discussed. But for once I was happy with the effort.
Chad was in Vegas all weekend for Tyler’s bachelor party. Sounds like he got almost no sleep. Next weekend I think we’ll keep the socializing to a minimum and enjoy some QT – I can’t wait for a full weekend with my hubby!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment