I enjoyed a month of occasional exercise. And I know no one really believes me when I say it, but it's true. I think that in all of December I ran 6 times, and that includes the two times this week. I bike commuted on Monday. When I got on the bike to go home my butt hurt. Keep in mind my commute in the morning was only 30 min.
I have to say all the time off was glorious. And almost completely guilt free. But now I am thinking about the future and spring and how nice it will feel to train in warm weather. And I want to be able to enjoy it, which means I need to do a little back-end work and make sure I am in at least enough shape that it won’t hurt.
So my fitness plan is thus: 3-4 runs/week with at least two of them being in the morning; bike commute 2 days/week unless the temperature is below 35 degrees. And get on the trainer or ride outside for fitness 1-2 days/week. If I can swim 1-2 times/ week that will be icing on the cake. And I’m totally against two-a-day workouts. No morning run, evening swim.
I want to really work on my nutrition- my plan is get down to an optimal race weight of 116 by March. That will be 2 lbs less than my race weight for IMAZ. Too low? I don’t think so, but only time will tell. Chad and I tried very hard, and did a pretty good job of eating healthy balanced meals while training for IM. But then there is always the snack factor that totally killed me. Not doing that much training I should be able to manage those cravings, and have the will power to resist some of them.
So now, on New Year’s Eve, I’m excited about the prospects of a fun, healthy 2009. I’m looking forward to spending lots of QT with family and friends and further solidifying our base in DC by becoming homeowners. Here’s to “viata bogata” in 2009!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment